Some of the activities and opportunities for teachers covered under this grant are:
- Opportunities for core content teachers for professional development services in effective pedagogy including for AP/IB courses, project-based learning, curriculum alignment, cooperative learning strategies, differentiated instruction, instructional scaffolding, classroom management and assessment tools aligned with STAAR,
- Training in technology-related Instruction for Math & Science teachers using TI-Nspires, high-yield instructional strategies, and data-driven processes and use technology and assessment tools in instruction,
- Early College Curriculum training for ELA teachers,
- Summer internships, job-embedded training, and Masters Program for a targeted group of core content teachers,
- Professional development training in school leadership and district administration for senior-level educators,
- Opportunities for attending conferences and training focusing on college searches, requirements, career pathways, financial aid and scholarships with assistance from TACAC, NACAC, and partner universities.
Learn More about Professional Opportunities at the UT Austin GEAR UP Professional Development website.